Friday, June 25, 2010

Introspection.


I know I promised to write a post about the bus stop that had its roof torn off, but right now I'm not really in the mood for it.

Those of you who know me well enough know that I live a sort of double life - half here, half in the world of Achaea. Usually, I'm happy in my double life role, but lately things have just been going horribly there and it makes me upset to get on, yet I still feel like I ought to because I have responsibilities there. I don't -want- to get on, and often I don't, but there always seems to be a niggling urge at the back of my mind to get on. I don't know why.

I feel like I need an intervention.

It's stupid, really, to care about things that happen in a fictional world. No matter how 'powerful' or how 'strong' you get in an online world, so what? It's not going to be something you can put down on a resume. It's not anything that's going to change your life in the slightest way. So why does it matter in the least if things screw up? At least you have the option of -leaving-. In real life, there isn't such an option.

I guess it hurts because I've invested so much of my time and energy there that yes - it does feel like another life to me. This is probably a dangerous precedent, but don't worry, once semester starts again properly and once I start working I'll probably leave that realm for good. I guess I just need to learn to care less. In the grand scheme of things, nothing will ever matter as much as what I have in real life. 

Some people may see this as weakness, as giving up. But really, it's just reevaluating the things important to me in my life, and maybe Achaea isn't as important to me as I thought it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home