Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Random thoughts on love.

Hi everyone.

Yes, I know it's been a long time since I last updated. Life has just been crazy with assignments one after another, and general living..

...okay and I've just been lazy, so sue me. :P

Hmm..there isn't really much to update. The weather is getting a lot colder now, if any part of your skin isn't covered up by something (e.g. hands and feet), even with a heater in your room it can get pretty cold. I am eternally thankful for the fact that it doesn't drop below freezing, though, or I would be pretty miserable!

I find that it is getting harder and harder to motivate myself to properly look after myself, like cooking regularly, doing the washing, etc. Maybe it's the cold that contributes to the inertia, but either way I know this isn't a healthy way of living. Now with the loooooong break before my ONE exam, maybe I'll actually have time to indulge myself and look after myself properly.

The days also draw nearer to the date of my flight home. I'm looking forward to it very much, even though it's just a measly two weeks. I can't wait to see my family and friends again, not to mention having a CAR again (hopefully it's still there, at least) and Malaysian foooood...*daydreams* It's so tiring eating only the same dishes over and over and over.

On a completely unrelated note, do you find the thought of mushy public blogposts odd? I have read many blogs where 90% of the content is the owner of the blog spouting romantic nothings interspersed with tons of pictures of him/her and his/her significant other. This isn't really a dig against any of you who do that, if you want to proclaim your love to the world that's certainly your prerogative. But from my perspective, 

A) Possibly not everyone who reads your blog wants to read all about you and your significant other and how sweet you are to each other (it only makes single people resentful)
B) Perhaps your only reader is your significant other, in which case the above is entirely fine
C) If you know your significant other loves you, and he/she knows you love him/her, is it entirely necessary to remind yourself again and again and again on a public blog? Or is it to remind your readers of what a perfect boyfriend/girlfriend you have?


Of course, I could be reading this entirely wrong, and maybe people are just SO HAPPY in their relationships that they can't hold themselves back from sharing it with the world.


Just my two cents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home