Monday, April 26, 2010

The Seven Stages of Assignments

I go through various stages when I am about to do an assignment.

First I go through the 'motivational' phase: 'I really have to do work this weekend. I know! I'll start it earlier so I'll have more time to plan and finish it and I won't rush it like the last assignment!'

Then comes the all-too-familiar 'procrastination' phase: 'Ehhh, I can do it tomorrow. Still got one day.'

Then comes the 'guilt-while-stubbornly procrastinating' phase: 'Shit, I really need to do this essay. But I really don't want to do it..well, another hour of mindlessly trawling around Facebook can't hurt that much. I'll do it after that, really.'

Rinse and repeat..till, I don't know, 6 hours before the deadline.

Then comes the 'emoing' phase:  'Oh my god why did I leave this assignment so late! Why didn't I do it earlier! Now I have to rush all night and not sleep and I don't even have time to proofread..shit :(((('


After much complaining, I finally buckle down and enter the 'chionging' phase: (Sorry non-Chinese I really cannot find an English word to take its place) This is where the brain goes into hyperdrive and you're suddenly super focused and working through the essay like you're a child prodigy. (Sadly the end marks don't always reflect that, but still)


About halfway into it your concentration begins to wander, and I enter the 'justification' phase: 'Well I've worked for 3 hours, time for a snack/rest/nap!'


And it all goes downhill from there.


An hour before the deadline is the 'panic' phase if I'm still not done: 'SHIT THERE'S ONLY AN HOUR LEFT'

After I finally (eventually) submit it on time..


I then enter the 'party' phase.


'WOOHOO ASSIGNMENT COMPLETE! PARTAYYYYYYYY'


Right now I'm at the emoing phase :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home